The mission of Angel Talks is to provide informative speakers on topics relevant to current parenting, education and youth-related issues. The objective is to create a forum for parents to connect and cultivate a caring community of resources. Angel Talks is inspired by the 10-15 minute TED Talk format. The concept is similar; however the events will host one to three speakers to share multiple perspectives followed by a Q&A. The talks are recorded and archived to be available for public viewing.
Upcoming Angel Talks will be from 7-8 p.m. as noted below:
- November 29, 2018 – The Emotional Impact of Social Media Featuring State Representative Leslie Herod – – Black Box
- January 24, 2019 – Turning Emotions into Action (Leadership) – Black Box
- February 21, 2019 – Sexting and Consent – Commons
- March 21, 2019 – Mental Health – Black Box
- April 18, 2019 – Passion and Purpose – Black Box
We hope to see you in these thoughtful conversations on important issues facing our youth.
Angel Talks Archives
We understand that time is precious; to make certain that everyone is able to learn from these fabulous speakers, we have archived Angel Talks presentations in TED Talk format HERE .
We extend our sincere appreciation to the following for Angel Talks video production:
Depot Dog Video
East Student Volunteers
Sterling “Trey” Ranum
Parent Information Network
East PTSA is a member of the Parent Information Network (PIN) which is an additional resource and also provides relevant presentations. Please go to the PIN website for more information and to view the calendar of the 2018-2019 PIN presentations.